This church is one of the oldest in the area. One other was destroyed by the natives in the 1700’s. This building is under constant maintenance, and the walls are covered with murals dating back to 1783. When we visited, there were workers carefully repainting the murals in much the same way and with the historically accurate paints as the originals.
History buffs will enjoy reading and experiencing this active church. There is the usual gift shop, but then they also have holy water and a museum complete with movie.
This church exudes the peace and quiet one would hope for when in such a consecrated building and grounds. Even the ground squirrels seem at peace!
This is worth see ♥♥♥♥♥